We were in Paris last weekend to celebrate my birthday and it was amazing! I should have taken more pictures, ( sorry! I´m working on geting better at remembering) but I took some and I´ll put them at the end so you can at least get a glimpse of Paris!
My birthday present from my boyfriend is the most beautiful and luxurious thing I´ve ever owned. I can´t believe he got it for me!! Absolutely crazy!! If you are as pathetic as I am and faithfully watch Gossip Girl as soon as a new episode is out, you might have seen this little piece of stunningness already! When Chuck falls in love with his blond lifesaver and they come back from Paris to the upper east side, he get´s her the most beautiful watch…….. THAT´S NOW MINE!!!! And he was so proud that he actually got it before it was shown in Gossip Girl.
Well, not that particular watch, but it is the Cartier Ballon Bleu (duo time zones)…..
We stayed at the Plaza Athenee in a Deluxe Suite:
Out and about:
I got so inspired by looking at the photos of Brigitte Bardot that I decided to do a “how to get the look”. I think her makeup look is a very sexy smokey eye without being too much of a racoon look. No wonder she is an icon!
- I used MAC blackground along the eyelashes and slightly winged it out at the outer corners. If you don´t have Blackground you can use a black eyeliner or a NYX jumbo stick. After I applied the cream I smudged it out and applied some MAC Carbon on top to make it slightly more smokey. Any matte black eyeshadow will do.
- I then used a fluffy brush to blend in MAC Charcoal Brown ( any matte light brown will do) just above the black to make it gradually turn brown from black. I applied the brown all the way up to the crease.
- Then I used another fluffy brush to apply a highlighter on the browbone and blend it into the brown. I used MAC Brulé and MAC Vanilla, but any light base color will do the trick!
- I then used a black eyeliner along the lashline all around the eye and on the waterline. Don´t worry, you will look like a racoon/goth at this stage but we`ll blend it all out! I used Urban Decay zero smudge 24/7 in Zero.
- And now to the blending part.. Blend and blend untill you´re happy with the results. Remember to keep the eyeliner slightly winged out in the outer corners. To finish of I also applied some of the MAC Charcoal Brown underneath the lower lashline to smoke it out a bit softer here as well.
As Brigitte Bardot always pared her smokey eye with sexy matte pale lips I kept mine quite neutral:
I lined my lips with a lipliner in a neutral color from Sephora and topped it with MAC Hue. Love that lipstick!!
Which celebrity look is your favorite?