As I was browsing through pins I came across a photo of an updo with a hair bow and I loved it!! I thought I would do a tutorial on the actual bow, and then include some photos of hair styles including a bow just give an idea of how the bow can be worn :)
- Take a small section of hair from the crown of your head. The bigger the section, the bigger the bow.
- Tie the section with an elastic to create a half ponytail, and avoid pulling the ends through the elastic band the last time you wrap it.
- Split the loop in half to create two smaller loops.
- Insert bobby pins on both the bottom and top of each of the loops.
- Pick up the remaining ends of the ponytail and wrap it around the elastic to hide it. Secure it with bobby pins underneath.
I think a bow makes a fun twist to hair styles of both loose and tied up styles, and gathered some inspiration to how a bow can be worn :)
I LOVE the bow as part of an up-do as in the upper right photo, what a great hair style for New Years Eve!! What do you think? :)