I got so inspired by looking at the photos of Brigitte Bardot that I decided to do a “how to get the look”. I think her makeup look is a very sexy smokey eye without being too much of a racoon look. No wonder she is an icon!
- I used MAC blackground along the eyelashes and slightly winged it out at the outer corners. If you don´t have Blackground you can use a black eyeliner or a NYX jumbo stick. After I applied the cream I smudged it out and applied some MAC Carbon on top to make it slightly more smokey. Any matte black eyeshadow will do.
- I then used a fluffy brush to blend in MAC Charcoal Brown ( any matte light brown will do) just above the black to make it gradually turn brown from black. I applied the brown all the way up to the crease.
- Then I used another fluffy brush to apply a highlighter on the browbone and blend it into the brown. I used MAC Brulé and MAC Vanilla, but any light base color will do the trick!
- I then used a black eyeliner along the lashline all around the eye and on the waterline. Don´t worry, you will look like a racoon/goth at this stage but we`ll blend it all out! I used Urban Decay zero smudge 24/7 in Zero.
- And now to the blending part.. Blend and blend untill you´re happy with the results. Remember to keep the eyeliner slightly winged out in the outer corners. To finish of I also applied some of the MAC Charcoal Brown underneath the lower lashline to smoke it out a bit softer here as well.
As Brigitte Bardot always pared her smokey eye with sexy matte pale lips I kept mine quite neutral:
I lined my lips with a lipliner in a neutral color from Sephora and topped it with MAC Hue. Love that lipstick!!
Which celebrity look is your favorite?