The first Naked palette from Urban Decay was sold out for months, and quickly became the worlds best selling eyeshadow palette of all time (if you haven’t seen my review of the first palette, you can see it here). Needless to say that this palette has been highly anticipated :)
The first four shades are warm, the next four are neutral shades and the last four are cooler shades.
You get 12 matte and shimmery neutral eyeshadow of which 5 shades are brand new. The palette also comes with a full size shadow/crease brush and a mini Lip Junkie Lipgloss in the pinky-brown shade Naked. On first glance it seemed that this palette was divided into one half of warm tones, and one half of cool tones which I think is very clever as the last palette was very warm and golden.
Now it’s time to get Naked! :D
- Foxy: The perfect matte nude shade. I love using it to blend out colours on the lid to get an even transistion up to the brow bone for a perfect smokey eye.
- Half Baked: This shadow was included in the last Naked palette too, but I think it’s ok because it’s a beautiful golden colour.
- Bootycall: The ridiculous name aside, this light shimmery pink is so lovely in the inner corners of the eyes to really brighten the eyes. NEW!
- Chopper: This is a coppery shadow with chunky silver glitter. Similar texture to Sidecar, which means lots of fall out. The colour is absolutely stunning though.
- Tease: The second of the three matte shades in the palette. This is a slightly more darker and reddish shade than the browns in the last palette. It’s a must have for green eyed girls. NEW!
- Snakebite: A beautiful golden brown shade. Personally I think this is one of the prettiest shades. NEW!
- Suspect: This is also a really pretty shade. It’s kind of like a topey shimmery shade. I love it!
- Pistol: A very interesting brownish silver, also a favourite of mine! Because of the duo effect I think it would be really pretty even just on its own.
- Verve: A silvery pinky highlight colour. Probably the one I like the least.
- YDK: A cool shimmery bronze, beautiful!
- Busted: A dark shimmery plummy brown, the perfect smokey eye colour for green eyes. NEW!
- Blackout: Finally! The star of the palette. Every palette should have a matte black that applies as dark as you want it. LOVE!
What I like:
I like that it contains both shimmery and matte shades. I’m especially fond of the nude, Foxy, and the black, Blackout. I also like that there are both cool and warm shades. As for the packaging I’m jumping up and down for the fact that they’ve changed the horrible velour packaging they used for the last palette, to this tin case. It’s much easier to keep it clean this way! The big mirror inside is also a major improvement. As for the double sided brush I think it’s a nice touch as opposed to the single flat brush they included in the second edition of the first palette. Being able to blend the colours properly is so important for a nice finish.
What I don’t like:
Not much to be honest. If anything I would prefer it if they included the darker matte brown, Buck, in this palette too. A warm matte brown is always a good shade to have. I’m also a bit sad that they have replaced the primer for a lipgloss as a primer makes so much more sense, especially if you haven’t used a primer before.
Do you need this if you already have the first Naked palette?
The first Naked palette has a few shades (mainly the matte browns) that I can not live without. However, this palette also have a few shades that I’ve been missing in the first palette. I’m clearly talking about the matte nude and the matte black, but the there are also a few others that I really love (Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol and Busted). I think the palettes complement eachother so well as there are several shades that are so beautiful together. If you’re only getting one, get this one. If you already have the previous palette, get this one if you prefer cooler shades, if you travel a lot or if you’re just a hopeless makeup addict like myself :)
I got mine from BeautyBay