I came across a brilliant blog post by Malin about desticking the JEP and loved the idea of having my JEP in jars just like the Mac paint pots as so I ordered 25 Placstic 5 Gram Jar container pots with black lids and 63 round white removable jar labels stickers sheet from Ebay.
JEP is short for Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil which are cream eyeshadows in a stick. These cream eyeshadows works wonderfully underneath a powder eyeshadow to get a vibrant colour. Some people like to use them as a primer but I feel they are too greasy for this purpose so I normally use a primer underneath. The reason why I love these JEPs so much is because they cost almost nothing ($2.5 US on ebay) and yet they make such a big difference for a look like with a pink eyeshadow for example. A light pink eyeshadow on it’s own is difficult to get to show up without looking sick, using a white JEP underneath however makes the colour vibrant and clean looking. You can buy the Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils from Nyx at CherryCulture or Ebay.
1. Start with pulling off the top of the pencil with the kelp. Some of the pencils were very easy as the top just slipped off, and some were harder were I actually ended up breaking the top off. It is very little product on the top so it doesn’t really matter either way.
2. Put the little jar in the bigger jar. I used one I had from Muji which is 30 grams. There is two reasons to why I chose to do this, one because it avoids a mess of product all over and two beacause the little jar is much more stabile as opposed to being on its own with the blow drier blowing it away. To make sure it really stays in place I put the jars between the handles of the kelp.
3. Start blowing on the pencil. I had very different results with all of them. Some of them had to melt completely before the product came out while other pencils slipped out still shaped like the stick. I started with the top while holding on to the plastic lid and then turned it around to do the other half.
4. When you can see through it you know it’s empty :)
5. Pick up the little jar with a tweezer and wash off any spilt product outside of the jar and make sure you wipe off the tweezer so that you dont get any mixed colours.
It’s really easy, but it takes a long time so do it a day you don’t have anything to do :) Good luck and have fun with it :)